The 8 Most Valuable Hybrids Under $125
Looking for the right hybrid for you to be added to your golf bag can often be a challenging task. There are a lot of factors to consider when shopping for one and it also needs to feel good in your hands when you’re using it on the golf course.
To help make your shopping experience easier, our team of caddies came up with a selection of the eight most valuable hybrids for less than $125. Inspired by our caddy Danny, this list has options for golfers of all skill levels.
The eight hybrids listed in the article:
- TaylorMade M4 Rescue Hybrid
- Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid
- TaylorMade M6 Hybrid
- Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid
- TaylorMade SIM2 Max Rescue Hybrid
- Cobra F-Max Airspeed Hybrid
- Cleveland Launcher HB Hybrid
- Callaway Big Bertha 2019 Hybrid
TaylorMade M4 Rescue Hybrid
The TaylorMade M4 hybrid was released just over five years ago, but it still has plenty to offer as some of the technological specs featured on this model are still featured on TaylorMade’s latest hybrid releases.
One of the main technological perks of the M4 Rescue has got to be the Speed Pocket slot, which you can find on the sole of the club. This slot is designed to allow more flexibility out of the clubhead at impact, while also channeling the power of the strike to the impact point.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade M4 Rescue Hybrid:
- Provides plenty of forgiveness on every strike because of its large clubhead and the Speed Pocket
- Deep clubhead that provides more spin and launch at impact to help golfers with slower swing speeds
- Offers a decent feel for the ball at impact, but not as much as some players’ models
Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid
The main feature of the Titleist 818 H1 hybrid is its adjustability. The SureFit CG is a technology borrowed from Titleist woods and drivers from the same generation. The adjustable SureFit CG weights, which come in neutral and draw/fade options, are inserted in a channel on the sole of the club.
The Titleist 818 H1 hybrid is ideal for golfers looking for a high launch at impact and as much forgiveness as possible. Golfers with a sweeping swing, rather than a steep one, will find more benefits from this club. Plus, with it being a Titleist hybrid, you know that it’s going to be a quality golf club.
What you’ll like about the Titleist 818 H1 Hybrid:
- Great variety of adjustments, both on the sole and the hosel
- High-arching ball flights
- Maximum control over the ball flight with the SureFit CG
TaylorMade M6 Hybrid
Released in 2019, the TaylorMade M6 hybrid, just like the M4 Rescue, was released alongside matching drivers, fairway woods, and an iron set. The M6 was the first TaylorMade hybrid to feature the Twist Face technology.
The Twist Face technology is designed to help straighten off-centered strikes and limit their offline trajectory when you miss the sweet spot. This is the perfect clubface technology for golfers who struggle to hit the center of the clubface consistently.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade M6 Hybrid:
- Highly forgiving, especially on off-centered contacts on the club face
- Large and deep club face which makes a larger target for the ball at impact
- Produces long strikes even with players who have a slower swing speed
Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid
The Callaway Steelhead XR hybrid features a large clubhead designed to help both with confidence at address and with forgiveness on mishits. The larger clubhead also helps with weight transfer and power at impact sending the ball further than ever.
This is the ideal club for golfers who struggle to generate a lot of swing speed. As it’s a hybrid, it’s the perfect option for less experienced golfers who struggle with their longer irons. The Steelhead XR hybrid will help you strike the ball with ease every time regardless of your lie on the course.
What you’ll like about the Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid:
- Massive clubhead helps with confidence and forgiveness
- Lightweight clubhead to maximize control
- Easier to hit than longer irons
TaylorMade SIM2 Max Rescue Hybrid
The TaylorMade SIM2 Max rescue hybrid is the perfect upgrade for golfers who a looking to improve on their current hybrid. The SIM2 Max rescue hybrid is packed with almost all the technological perks that TaylorMade can provide to make your life easier on the golf course.
Following in the footsteps of its predecessor (SIM Max Rescue), the SIM2 Max provides a larger clubhead that delivers even more forgiveness on every strike. Additionally, the Twist Face technology will help straighten off-centered strikes that come off the club face of the SIM2 Max hybrid.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Rescue Hybrid:
- Highly forgiving clubhead with a large footprint
- The Twist Face technology will help to make up for off-centered strikes
- Provides impressive performance in terms of distance and spin on the golf course
Cobra F-Max Airspeed Hybrid
The Cobra F-Max Airspeed hybrid is the go-to golf club for golfers looking for more forgiveness out of their hybrids. The F-Max Airspeed is designed to provide golfers with a lighter option when it comes to hybrids, which will help golfers with slower swing speeds.
Its lightweight feel is not the only perk of the Cobra F-Max Airspeed as it features a clear offset at the hosel to promote a draw-biased trajectory once the ball leaves the club face. This club will be a must-have for less experienced golfers, players looking to buy their first hybrid, or simply a forgiving golf club.
What you’ll like about the Cobra F-Max Airspeed Hybrid:
- Easy to hit off the ground, perfect for long par 5’s
- Ultra lightweight golf club that gives you more control
- Slight offset to stop that dreaded slice from messing up your score
Cleveland Launcher HB Hybrid
The Cleveland Launcher HB hybrid is the ideal replacement for golfers looking to get rid of their long irons and replace them with a more forgiving option. As the name suggests, the Launcher HB is the perfect club to fix your launch troubles on the course.
If you’re struggling to get the ball in the air with your long irons, or with your current irons, this is the perfect replacement. The Launcher HB features the perfect combination of the lightweight clubhead with plenty of power at impact.
What you’ll like about the Cleveland Launcher HB Hybrid:
- Promotes a higher launch angle on every swing
- Delivers impressive distance and power even when used by golfers with slower swing speeds
- Large clubhead that provides a lot of forgiveness even on mishits
Callaway Big Bertha 2019 Hybrid
The Callaway Big Bertha 2019 hybrid is one of the longest and most forgiving offerings from this list. To achieve this, the Big Bertha 2019 hybrid allies the forgiveness of its massive clubhead with the additional power at impact provided by the Jailbreak technology, placed right behind the clubhead.
Callaway’s Jailbreak technology allows the clubface to bend more easily upon impact so that the feel for the ball is enhanced on every swing. Plus, the resistance of the Jailbreak club face also serves to produce the length of the Big Bertha 2019.
What you’ll like about the Callaway Big Bertha 2019 Hybrid:
- Large clubhead providing a sense of comfort and confidence at address
- Added power at impact with the Jailbreak technology
- Offers plenty of forgiveness through the combination of its large clubhead and the Jailbreak technology
Hopefully, this list helps you out when the time comes to look for your next hybrid. Finding the right hybrid is not always easy, but we hope that this list makes your life easier and that you’re able to hit the links sooner rather than later with your newest club!
If you need any more help in your research process for the best hybrid for you, you can always reach out to our team of caddies. They’ll be able to provide you with expert advice to help you find all you need. All you need to do is book a call with one of them. It’s entirely free, so what are you waiting for?
Until next time,
The Golf Avenue Team