Terms and and Conditions of the Trade-In Program
Minimum Condition Requirements
Golf Avenue only accepts golf club models that are listed in the trade-in catalogue, available on the sell or trade page. Models that are not listed in the trade-in catalogue will not be accepted.
Golf Avenue does not accept:
- Counterfeit golf clubs
- Golf clubs with loft or lie adjustments of +/- 3⁰ of manufacturer standards
- Golf clubs with shortened or lengthened shafts of +/- 2 inches
- Golf clubs with a rattle in the head
- Golf clubs that may be damaged in any of the following ways: dents, excessive paint chips, caved faces, excessive rust, excessive top line, sole or face wear, bent or dented shafts, damaged or missing weights, damaged or missing branding
Golf Avenue may accept, but adjust the trade-in value, for the following golf clubs:
- Iron Sets without a consecutive sequence of 5 irons (including a PW/Pitching wedge) will not qualify for a trade-in as an iron set; instead, the golf clubs will be considered individual irons
- Golf clubs with damaged grips will be accepted with a $5 per grip reduction from the trade-in value
- Golf clubs with a damaged shaft will be accepted with a $25 per shaft reduction from the trade-in value
Golf Avenue may accept, but adjust the trade-in quote accordingly, if:
- The trade-in shipped to Golf Avenue is missing one or more of the items listed within the trade-in quote
- The golf club(s) shipped to Golf Avenue differ in model, brand, or otherwise, from the golf clubs listed within the trade-in quote
Golf Avenue reserves the right to refuse trade-ins or adjust the trade-in quote for any other issues or discrepancies determined upon inspection.
Trade-In Communications and Procedures
Once the trade-in has arrived at Golf Avenue’s warehouse, Golf Avenue will inspect that the golf clubs meet the acceptance criteria and will pay the customer via the selected payment method, within 24-48 business hours. Customers will be notified via email once the payment has been processed.
If, upon inspection, it is determined that an item requires an adjustment or reduction to its original quoted value (i.e.: due to a difference in model, problems with the grip or shaft, etc), Golf Avenue will automatically make the necessary adjustments to the quoted value and proceed to pay the customer the new value. Should the customer not accept the new value, they may contact Golf Avenue within 15 business days following the payment to reverse their trade-in for this item (the customer will be responsible to pay a shipping fee of $9.99 to have their golf club returned to them).
If, upon inspection, an item is completely rejected for a trade-in, Golf Avenue will automatically make the necessary removals from the quote and proceed to pay the customer the remaining balance of the quote, if applicable. Should the customer wish to recuperate their rejected club(s), they may contact Golf Avenue within 15 business days (the customer will be responsible to pay a shipping fee of $9.99 to have their golf club(s) returned to them). If the customer does not contact Golf Avenue within 15 business days, Golf Avenue will dispose of the rejected items.
For any questions or concerns, customers may contact a Golf Avenue Trade-In Advisor ([email protected]), who will be happy to assist.
Trade-In Best Practices
Before shipping a trade-in, we recommend that customers verify that their golf clubs meet Golf Avenue’s Minimum Condition Requirements. We also recommend packaging trade-ins properly in order to protect them during transit.
Golf Avenue encourages customers to do the following to ensure their trade-ins are adequately protected:
- Cover the golf club shaft in bubble wrap
- Protect the golf club head (an old sock could work great here)
- Pack clubs in a box that is appropriate in size
- Make sure to add filling material like packing paper to minimize movement of clubs inside the box
- Tape the box securely
Should customers not have access the adequate materials to pack their trade-in, Golf Avenue offers a free trade-in kit, complete will all necessary materials, on all quotes valued at $150 or more. For more information, please continue reading below.
Golf Avenue is not responsible for golf clubs that are damaged during transit.
Shipping & Trade-in Kit
Golf Avenue’s Trade-In Program is only available in Canada and the continental United States.
Shipping is free for all quotes over $150. Quotes less than $150 will be offered shipping at a $10 fee, deducted from the total of the quote.
After completing a quote, the customer will be able to access a pre-paid shipping label for their quote in their Golf Avenue customer account.
Customers are recommended to pack their trade-ins safely, to ensure that no damage is incurred during transit.
If customers do not have the material necessary to pack their trade-ins safely, Golf Avenue offers a Trade-In Kit, complete with a large box, bubble wrap, tape, and a pre-paid shipping label. The Trade-In Kit is offered for free on all quotes valued at $150 or more. Quotes valued at less than $150 may opt to receive a Trade-In Kit, including shipping, for a $20 fee.
Once a request for a trade-in kit is received, Golf Avenue will ship the trade-in kit, to the shipping address indicated by the customer, in a timely manner. Golf Avenue reserves the right to refuse to send a trade-in kit if abuse of the service is detected. Golf Avenue also reserves the right to make changes to the trade-in kit service at any time.
Trade-In Credits & Payments
Customers' trade-ins are paid by Golf Avenue Credits.
Payments will be sent to the customer 24-48 hours after the trade-in is inspected at our warehouse. Golf Avenue Credits are deposited directly into the account used by the customer to complete their trade-in.
Save on a portion of the taxes* when completing a combined cart transaction.
- *In the instance of a full return, the tax saving is no longer valid as your order is no longer a combined cart and you will be refunded your order value minus the taxes saved.
- *If you're returning your order partially you will be refunded your order value minus the portion of the tax saved.