What is a SIM Max Iron Set?
Much like the rest of the SIM Max family of clubs, shape plays a key role in the performance of the SIM Max irons. The Speed Bridge, which connects the top line of the golf club to the sole, creates a natural cavity-back (CB) formation behind the clubface allowing for a bigger sweet spot and more forgiveness at impact. The Speed Pocket, inserted on the sole of the club near the clubface, works in concert with the Speed Bridge to allow the clubface to bend at impact, while still providing a lot of forgiveness on mishits. The ECHO Damping System, a system located in the clubhead meant to reduce, or eliminate, uncomfortable vibrations going up the shaft and into your hands, was also introduced with the SIM Max irons.
Main Perks of SIM Max Iron Set
• Very forgiving irons
• Plenty of distance on every hit
• Mishits won’t hurt the golfer's hands
• Speed Bridge: The top line of the SIM Max irons is supported by the Speed Bridge running from the back of the sole to the top line of the club. The extra support produces more explosive impact off the clubface for more distance and forgiveness.
• ECHO Damping System: The ECHO Damping System was introduced with the release of the SIM Max irons. It is meant to reduce undesirable vibrations going up the shaft at impact.
• Speed Pocket: TaylorMade’s very own patented Speed Pocket returns with the SIM Max. Inserted right at the front end of the sole, this technology allows the face to bend and twist at impact without losing any of its forgiveness.
What type of golfer will like these clubs?
• Golfers who struggle to hit the ball in the middle of the clubface with consistency
• Golfers with a slower swing speed who want more distance out of their irons
• Newcomers to the sport