What is the SIM Max fairway wood?
The SIM Max fairway wood from TaylorMade will become your best friend after only a few swings. The return of the V-Steel sole design will help you glide on the grass before making contact with the ball. The Speed Pocket, located right behind the clubface, serves as safety mechanism when you hit the ball lower on the clubface to avoid mishits. TaylorMade’s trademark Twist Face is also featured on the SIM Max fairway wood to provide players with a better ball flight even on mishits. Plus, the combination of the different materials contained in the club make for a lowered Center of Gravity (CG), which will help send the ball in the air.
Main Perks of SIM Max Fairway Wood
• Offers a lot of forgiveness to golfers
• Easy to hit both on the tee and in the fairway
• Higher launch angle because of lowered CG
• The Return of V Steel: After first making its appearance on TaylorMade’s V Steel fairway woods at the beginning of the century, the technology is making a comeback in the remodeled V Steel sole to minimize friction with the ground before impact.
• Multi-Material Construction to help with the CG: The combination of composite carbon, C300 steel and the V steel sole make for a reimagined weight distribution in the clubhead, which lowers the CG, allowing players to propel their ball high in the air.
• Keep it in the middle with the Twist Face: Sticking with what already works, TaylorMade brought back the Twist Face technology from their M line of fairway woods. The Twist Face is designed to help you hit straighter shots even on mishits.
What type of golfer will like this club?
• Golfers who have hard time hitting their fairway woods
• Golfers who struggle to get the ball in the air
• New golfers