What Are the 5 Best Wedges From TaylorMade?
TaylorMade has managed to impose itself as one of the best wedge makers on the market. But with so many options available to golfers, it can be confusing, and finding the right TaylorMade wedge for you can be difficult.
Lucky for you, Golf Avenue has got you covered with an extensive selection of pre-loved and brand-new TaylorMade wedges. We even came up with a list of the five best TaylorMade Wedges to help you pick the right one for you:
- TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 Black Wedge
- TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Chrome Wedge
- TaylorMade Z-Spin 2017 Wedge
- TaylorMade Milled Grind Satin Chrome Wedge
- TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw Wedge
1. TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 Black Wedge
Delivers a lot of spin on every strike
The main feature of the Milled Grind 3 wedge is its raised Micro-Ribs which line the clubface from toe to heel, in between the grooves. This creates even more spin at impact as it fills space that would usually be flat in the clubface.
Combining the raw finish of the MG3’s club face with the raised Micro-Ribs makes for unmatchable levels of spin at impact, regardless of what type of shot you hit. The model featured is the Black version, but this club is also offered in a chrome finish.
What you’ll like from the TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 Black Wedge:
- The black finish is appealing to many golfers out there!
- It produces a lot of spin at impact with the raw face
- Delivers quality strikes for golfers of all levels
2. TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Chrome Wedge
Ideal for players looking for spin and forgiveness
Much like the Milled Grind 3, the Milled Grind 2 Chrome also features the raw face finish, a first for the MG line at the time. Aside from their appearance, one of the most notable differences between the MG2 and the MG3 is the absence of the raised Micro-Ribs.
The Milled Grind 2 delivers high levels of spin nonetheless, but its main draw is the forgiving properties that it provides you with near and away from the green. The balanced weight in the clubhead of the Milled Grind 2 will help any golfer.
What you’ll like from the TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 Chrome Wedge:
- Provides unmatched forgiveness near and away from the green
- Features the raw finish on the clubface for additional spin levels at impact
- Will cut through any cut of grass with the milled sole technology
3. TaylorMade Z Spin 2017 Wedge
Perfect wedge for golfers on a budget
The TaylorMade Z Spin 2017 wedge is perfect for golfers who want as much control over the golf ball as possible when hitting their wedge. Its design is to maximize the spin levels of the golf ball at impact and provide golfers with high spinning wedges.
The high level of spin in the Z Spin is its main perk, making for a very accurate club, especially when you’re near the green. In this case, you might want to use this club as a gap wedge or anything with a higher loft.
What you’ll like from the TaylorMade Z Spin 2017 Wedge:
- Delivers a lot of spin on every stroke
- Perfect for working the golf ball near the green
- It’s a cost-friendly alternative to the top-end wedges
4. TaylorMade Milled Grind Satin Chrome Wedge
The perfect blend of tradition and innovation
The Milled Grind Satin Chrome wedge was the original model from the MG line from TaylorMade. It features a traditional look for TaylorMade wedges with a subtle design on the back of the club which features the TaylorMade logo.
The main perk of the Milled Grind Satin Chrome wedge is also its namesake. The sole of the Milled Grind Satin Chrome wedge features a milled design that was created to help golfers slash through any cut of grass, making it a versatile wedge.
What you’ll like from the TaylorMade Milled Grind Satin Chrome Wedge:
- Highly versatile wedge
- Features the milled grind sole which helps the club glide through the grass
- Lower price tag than the MG2 or MG3
5. TaylorMade Hi-Toe Wedge
Perfect for golfers who struggle to hit the middle of the clubface
Finally, we’ve got the Hi-Toe Raw wedge one of the greatest innovations from the TaylorMade engineers. The TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw wedges help golfers who might struggle with their wedges strikes around the green by oversizing their clubface.
The Hi-Toe has two additional perks in the form of full-face grooves and a raw finish. The grooves of this club run from the toe to the heel, leaving no entirely flat surface on the clubface. Combined with the raw face, you’ll get plenty of spin, wherever you hit the ball on the club face.
What you’ll like from the TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw Wedge:
- You can open the clubface of this wedge at address for higher arching strikes
- The full-face grooves help if you have a hard time hitting the middle of the clubface
- The raw finish contributes to a higher spin rate at impact
Identifying your needs from each of your clubs, in this case, your pitching, gap, sand, and lob wedge, will help you find out which wedges are best for you. If you need help figuring out which one is right for you, you can always book a call with one of Golf Avenue’s caddies for all your expert golf advice.
Until next time,
The Golf Avenue Team