Top 8 TaylorMade Fairway Woods Under $200
TaylorMade holds a reputation as one of the biggest brand names in golf. With world-renowned pros like Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods on their lineup, TaylorMade is expected to deliver quality products. They’ve done it time and time again, and their fairway woods are no exception. Let’s look at the best TaylorMade fairway wood for less than $200.
TaylorMade’s offering when it comes to fairway wood is varied and you’d be right to ask yourself “which TaylorMade fairway wood is the best?” To help you answer this question, here’s a list of the 8 best fairway wood from TaylorMade that you can get for less than $200.
This TaylorMade fairway woods buying guide will focus on:
- The best 8 fairway woods from TaylorMade under $200
- What sets apart each of these TaylorMade fairway woods from the next
- How each of these TaylorMade fairway woods can help you on the course
The fairway woods listed below have varied qualities that can suit a multitude of golfers and are slotted based on their year of release, from the most recent to the oldest release.
1. TaylorMade SIM2 Max Fairway Wood
Released in 2021, the TaylorMade SIM2 Max fairway wood was released along with the rest of the SIM2 line which also included drivers, a few other fairway wood models, hybrids, and irons. The SIM2 Max is the second generation of the SIM line, which was released a year prior.
The SIM2 Max’s main draw for golfers is its consistency from strike to strike, regardless of the quality of your swing. Combined with its high levels of forgiveness and high launch angle on the club face, the SIM2 Max fairway is ideal for golfers of all skill levels.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade SIM2 Max fairway wood:
- Highly forgiving, even on off-centered strikes
- Provides consistency from one strike to the next
- High launch angle at impact making it easier to hit off the ground
2. TaylorMade M6 Fairway Wood
Released in 2019, the TaylorMade M6 fairway wood, just like the SIM2 Max, was released along with matching drivers, a hybrid, and an iron set. The M6 was the first TaylorMade fairway wood to feature the Twist Face technology.
The Twist Face technology is designed to help straighten off-centered strikes and limit their offline trajectory when you miss the sweet spot. This is the perfect clubface technology for golfers who struggle to hit the center of the clubface consistently.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade M6 fairway wood:
- Highly forgiving, especially on off-centered contacts on the club face
- Large and deep club face which makes a larger target for the ball at impact
- Produces long strikes even with players who have a slower swing speed
3. TaylorMade M5 Fairway Wood
The TaylorMade M5 fairway wood, also released in 2019, was Tiger Woods club of choice when he won his fifth Green Jacket. Known for his ability ball control and shot-shaping abilities, Woods had the perfect club for his playing style with the M5.
Much like the M6, the M5 is also fitted with the Twist Face technology, but its main attribute is the rail-mounted adjustable located on the sole of the club. This 69-gram adjustable weight can be moved closer to the toe or the heel of the club, depending on which shot shape suits you best.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade M5 fairway wood:
- Allows the golfer to maximize their control over the golf ball
- Provides straighter ball flights, even on off-centered strikes, with the Twist Face technology
- Permits for maximum customization with the adjustment weight under the clubhead
4. TaylorMade M4 Fairway Wood
Released in 2018, the TaylorMade M4 fairway wood is another highly forgiving fairway wood that will provide players with plenty of distance and forgiveness on every strike. Though it may not have some of the attributes of TaylorMade’s subsequent fairway wood, it still proves to be a quality fairway wood.
The TaylorMade M4 fairway wood is not only a very affordable option for golfers of every skill level, but it can also serve as a safer alternative to your driver when you’re having a bad day off the tee. What it likes in technological perks, it more than makes up for it with its forgiving properties on the golf course.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade M4 fairway wood:
- Delivers forgiveness on every strike
- Lightweight feel in hand, making it easier to swing for less experienced golfers
- Allows golfers to generate a lot of distance on every strike
5. TaylorMade M3 Fairway Wood
Also released in 2018, the TaylorMade M3 fairway wood, much like the M5 is to the M6, is the adjustable alternative to the M4 for players looking for more control over the golf ball. The adjustability of the TaylorMade M3 fairway wood is its greatest perk.
Like the M5, the M3 fairway wood also features a rail-mounted adjustable weight. This one is significantly lighter than the M5’s as it registers at 29 grams. Here again, this weight is designed to allow players to complement their natural trajectory or counter an undesirable slice or hook.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade M3 fairway wood:
- Can be customized to your liking with the adjustable weight
- Easy to adjust on the fly if you’re struggling with a particular trajectory on a given day
- Helps promote a higher level of control over the ball on every strike
6. TaylorMade M2 2017 Fairway Wood
As the name suggests, the TaylorMade M2 2017 fairway wood was released in 2017. This fairway wood was not only popular within weekend golfers’ circles, but it was a hit amongst professional players as well. This is even more incredible considering the M2 2017 was designed to be highly forgiving.
In what was perhaps the biggest stamp of approval a club could ever receive, some PGA Tour players were still using this club in competition until a year ago, more than 3 years after its initial release. An incredible feat for a fairway wood in this modern era of golf equipment.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade M2 2017 fairway wood:
- A deep and large club face makes for a larger target for the ball impact
- Delivers plenty of forgiveness regardless of skill level or experience level
- Lightweight clubhead that allows less experienced players to swing the club with more ease
7. TaylorMade M2 Fairway Wood
Released in 2016, the TaylorMade M2 fairway wood is the predecessor to the 2017 model of the same name. One of the main innovations found on the M2 was the addition of a graphite crown around the clubhead making it 14 grams lighter than a fairway wood with a steel crown.
A combination of the M1 and AeroBurner models from TaylorMade, the M2 blends the forgiving attributes of the AeroBurner with the power of the M1. This a great choice for golfers looking for more power and forgiveness out of their fairway wood, for a fraction of the price of a new one.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade M2 fairway wood:
- Lightweight clubhead making it easier to handle for less experienced golfers
- Very forgiving even on imperfect strikes
- The speed pocket technology promotes more ball speed at impact
8. TaylorMade SLDR S Fairway Wood
Released in 2014, the TaylorMade SLDR S fairway wood was designed to help players maximize their control over the golf ball with their fairway wood. One of the main features of the SLDR S is the presence of an adjustable weight on the sole, near the club face.
The adjustable weight found on the sole of the SLDR S promotes lower spin levels at impact and more control over the golf ball for players who can shape their strikes. Additionally, the adjustable weight also provides a touch more ball speed at impact, which is perfect for golfers with a slower swing speed.
What you’ll like about the TaylorMade SLDR S fairway wood:
- Allows you to maximize your control over the golf ball
- Provides slightly more power off the club face because of the adjustable weight
- Perfect for players looking to take their fairway wood skills to the next level on the course
After reading this list, you should have a better understanding of which of these eight TaylorMade fairway wood is the right one for you. Each one of these fairway woods could be suited to your game, but if you’re looking to improve your fairway wood skills before getting a new one, be sure to check out our top 5 fairway wood tips.
If you’re still unsure as to which fairway wood is best suited for you, we strongly suggest you book a call with one of Golf Avenue’s experts. Their advice will help you make the right decision, both on the course and in your wallet.
Until next time,
The Golf Avenue team